FAQs - frequently asked questions

Finances

As an independent, all-day school we finance some of our school operations ourselves. The City of Hamburg pays 85% of the costs. We finance the remaining 15% from school fees and vouchers issued by the city for all-day care and school lunches.

The parents pay the school fees while the voucher for all-day care comprises a portion paid by the parents and a portion paid by the City of Hamburg.

Assistance is possible for families that find it difficult to pay the school fee and the parental portion of the care voucher.

We charge a monthly school fee of a maximum of 200 Euros. The amount is staggered by income. Siblings pay half.

In addition to this there is also the parental portion of the voucher from the City of Hamburg for all-day care and the school lunch. This is also staggered by income. Currently the parents pay a maximum of 174 Euros for a so-called 3-hour voucher (as at December 2020).

Children who need to be cared for before 8 am and after 4 pm need a voucher for more hours of care.

For more detailed information and a contribution calculator consult the website of the City of Hamburg by clicking here!

When a child reaches the age of 14 the City no longer pays towards all-day care or lunch. At this point the school agrees a so-called ‘private care contract’ with the parents and the ‘private’ contribution rate is oriented to the portion of the care voucher that was previously paid by the parents. A fixed price of 52 Euros per month is add for the organic lunch. (As at December 2020).

Assistance is possible for families that find it difficult to pay the school fee and the parental portion for care. Please contact the management of the school through the school office to arrange a confidential meeting. Up to now we have always managed to reach agreement and find a solution.

Assistance is possible for families that find it difficult to pay the school fee and the parental portion for care. Please contact the management of the school through the school office to arrange a confidential meeting. Up to now we have always managed to reach agreement and find a solution.

Even though we only have a limited number of places we would like, in principle, to allow all families who identify with our concept to send their children to our Bildungshaus.

We will also try to find a solution for families that are not entitled to a care voucher from the City of Hamburg. Please contact the management of the school through the school office to arrange a confidential meeting if you identify with our concept and would like your child to attend our Bildungshaus.

Further topics to follow.

Scroll Up